It's the best Bluetooth solution with the Nokia 6310i fixed cradle integrated steering wheel.
You no longer have to keep a Nokia 6150/6210/6310/6310i just to use the steering wheel controls in your Mercedes, or find someone that can replace the phone system with the new Mercedes exchangeable cradle system.
This device is the same shape as a Nokia 6150/6210/6310i phone, and clips into the cradle in your Mercedes. The Mercedes phone system then believes it has a Nokia phone connected, enabling the steering wheel controls, display in the cluster and on the COMAND screen.
The device then uses Bluetooth to actually connect to your mobile phone, and hey presto, you have your bluetooth phone working with your Mercedes phone system.
So, you can now throw away your old Nokia 6150/6210/6310i and use a new phone, via bluetooth with your Mercedes steering wheel controls and screen.
We know this works really well with the current Nokia 6xxx series phones, and downloads the phonebook automatically. With other phones you may need to send the phonebook to the device, but of course, different phones behave very differently with Bluetooth, so not all phones will download the phonebook into the car. The ViseeO does not support sending/receving SMS messages.
The alternative is to have your whole phone system removed and replaced with the newer system (which your dealer will say is impossible) - and that is significantly more expensive.
The concept of the unit is to fit the brand image of Mercedes Benz with its quality, elegant looks. It is not only an adapter but also a user friendly device. Users can easily pair MBU-1000 with any mobile phones they use via Bluetooth.
ViseeO Phone Adapter MBU-2 for Mercedes Benz imitates the shape of the Nokia mobile phones, which is accessorised with the original Mercedes Benz in car system. It will be recognised as a Nokia mobile phone while inserted into the cradle. Therefore, it fully intergrades with the steering wheel controls and radio keypads. Unlike the old Nokia phones, MBU-2 is also a Bluetooth adapter that memorizes up to 3 recent paired mobile phones.
User can only access his/her own phonebook profile. Moreover, radio system is muted when phone is being used and conversation will be conducted through car speakers and car microphones.
- Install it yourself - simply plug it in to the UHI Universal Handy Interface or MHI Interface
- Phone book transfer for each paired mobile phone, compatible with any Bluetooth mobile phones
- Full steering wheel function where fitted
- Command keypad control
- Pairs with all B/T mobile
- Multiple phone memory - you can pair up to three mobile phones- each has its own memory
- Dashboard display in instrument cluster where fitted
- Microphone level volume control - stops echo that can happen with some other kits
- Privacy and / or handset function where fitted
- Voice dialling with compatible cell / mobile phones
- Clear call history function
- Object Push Profile for sending contacts when sync is not possible
- Manual with instructions is supplied