- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
- Shipping & Delivery
- Delivery costs just €1.95 for orders up to €14, €3.95 for orders from €15 up to €49 and €5.95 for all other orders, regardless of how many items ordered.
If paying by Bank Transfer or Cheque, we will deliver your order free of charge for orders over €400.
- How to Return an item
- For all items you wish to return please contact us first to request a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) form, please email us at [email protected] to tell us about the product you want to return. If posting your return we recommend you use a local tracked or signed for service.
- Privacy & Security
- It is our commitment to safeguard our customers information when shopping with PhonesOnline.ie.
What information we collect and how it is collected
The information we collect via the Website or phone calls may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use our Websites. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the Websites. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the Websites. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the Websites.
- Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our Websites.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
The details we collect will be used:
- to process your order, to process any application for insurance etc., to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to a credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
- to comply with legal requirements (e.g. if you buy a TV or similar, we are obliged to pass your details to the TV licensing authority).
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes without your prior permission to do so.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing [email protected].
In an effort to reduce fraud on our website, all orders placed on the Phonesonline.ie website are screened for security purposes. For us to proceed with your order you may be required to send us additional information and, or documentation.
When this is required, Phonesonline will contact you either by phone, or by email, outlining what needs to be sent. This can be sent to us either by post or email, with either jpeg, pdf or gif attachments.
These measures are intended for our customer's protection, due to the large amount of credit card fraud on the internet, and to allow us to quickly reimburse anyone who has been a victim of a fraudulent transaction.
This security process may cause a delay in delivery schedules. Phonesonline reserves the right not to process any order at its discretion. We will not be held responsible for delays in delivey due to non-compliance by you with any such requests.
- Returns & Replacements
- Any faults that occur within the first 14 days after the goods arrive must be reported to PhonesOnline.ie within this time frame to be eligible for refund or replacement. Goods with faults reported outside the first 14 days after the goods arrive will be sent to the manufacturer for repair. Please note that packaging must be in unused and in pristine condition to be eligible for a refund, and all goods will be tested if reported faulty upon their return either by PhonesOnline.ie technical staff or the manufacturer or their authorised repair agent where appropriate.
If the goods are not faulty you have 14 days from the day after the goods arrive to cancel the order and return the goods for a refund . A refund will be issued within 30 days. For security reasons, returns must be made by either registered post or courier, we are unable to receive returns made directly by hand. We recommend using a postal service that provides proof of delivery and has compensation insurance for lost or damaged goods as returns are not our responsibility until they arrive back to us.
Please note that the items ordered, including all accessories and packaging must be in unused, pristine condition or PhonesOnline.ie will charge the customer a fee to compensate PhonesOnline.ie for the written down value of the stock. Return shipping is at the customer’s expense. We are unable to refund the original delivery charges and credit/Laser card processing charges on non-faulty goods returned.
If any goods are returned in an incomplete manner, PhonesOnline.ie at it's discretion can either reject the returned item as incomplete and return the goods at the customers expense, or PhonesOnline.ie can charge the customer a sum equivalent to the replacement cost of the missing item(s) - this can include small items such as memory cards, manuals, cables, batteries, styli, etc. If we cannot replace the missing items (e.g. original packaging, replacement hard copy manuals are very difficult to replace) then PhonesOnline.ie will charge the customer a fee to compensate PhonesOnline.ie for the written down value of the incomplete stock.
Please note that software of any description is exempt from the Distance Selling Act, so before you open, use or register the software element of your ordered product(s), please check where it is possible to do so, that goods function correctly. Where it is not possible to ascertain the functionality of the goods without loading the software, please check with PhonesOnline.ie to see if the software is available in a downloadable format. If any returned goods are not faulty, and the goods contain software that has been opened, used or registered, a 25% fee will apply to compensate us for the loss of software element of the goods in question.
Please note that "Refurbished", "Grade A" or "B-Stock" items are not new and are sold on a strict "first-come, first served" basis. Normal distance selling regulations do not apply to these second hand products. You may return them if they are not as described, or if they simply do not work, but you cannot return them if you just don’t like them, so please be sure you want a "B-Stock, Grade A or Refurbished" item before you order.
- All orders placed through our website or by phone will be subject to our acceptance of the order. We reserve the right to decline any order for any reason.
When you submit an order to us on our website, you will receive an email to confirm that we are have received your order. You should check this email for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. This email does not constitute acceptance of the order by us. Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we dispatch the goods to you. Title to the goods will pass to you on delivery.
Where you have redeemed a promotional code or any other offer ("a Code") against your order, acceptance of this order is subject to our verifying that the Code has been issued to you personally, that you comply with all the terms of the offer and qualify for the Code. In the event that the Code has not been issued to you for your personal use or you do not qualify for the offer, the price of the order will be adjusted notwithstanding any email or other confirmation that you receive.
You have the right to cancel an order within 7 days after the day the goods were delivered unless we have previously stipulated to you via email that we are buying the goods in exclusively for you and that you have acknowledged by email that you accept your order is non cancellable.
If you wish to cancel your order you must notify PhonesOnline.ie via email within the stated 7 day period., Cancellations after 7 days will not be accepted. Upon notifying PhonesOnline.ie of your cancellation PhonesOnline.ie will issue you with a unique RMA number. You must return the goods to PhonesOnline.ie in the same condition and completeness as PhonesOnline.ie delivered them to you. Please note this includes: packaging, manuals, cables, software and any other material that was part of the item purchased. If you do not return the goods in the same condition and completeness, PhonesOnline.ie at its sole discretion can either reject the cancellation or levy a charge against you to make good any damage or missing items. Please note that software of any description is subject to separate terms and conditions and if you open, use or register the software that comes with your goods and then cancel your order you will be liable a for a charge up to 25% of the cost of the goods.
The goods remain your property and responsibility until such time as PhonesOnline.ie signs acceptance of the return delivery of the goods. We strongly advise you to use a secure signed for service, for example An Post Registered Post. The cost of returning the goods is your responsibility. Should you wish to return any goods, please go to the Returns section for further information.
Where You have purchased the goods or services as a consumer (i.e. for private use as opposed to business use) please note that You are entitled to cancel any order placed within 7 days of receipt of the placement of such order.
Once received by the Customer You have a period of 24 hours in which to confirm that the goods and/or services are in accordance with their published specification. If you have not notified us in writing to [email protected] within this 24 hour period that the goods and or services are not in accordance with their specification they will be deemed to have been accepted by You. All returns must be made within 7 days of receipt.
For any goods and/or services which are stated in their specification to have a warranty period You may notify PhonesOnline or Phone Solutions in writing of any request for warranty service in accordance with the instructions detailed below.
If You do cancel an order pursuant to this clause, or reject goods and/or services or require warranty service then:
- You must notify PhonesOnline in writing detailing Your request by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
In all such events we will notify You either in writing or by email with Our instructions. Until You have complied with our instructions You must retain possession of the goods or services and ensure that the goods or services are kept in the same condition as they were when they were delivered to You.
- We will notify You of the means by which the goods and/or services are to be returned to PhonesOnline or the manufacturer thereof. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods or services, and PhonesOnline may deduct this from any sum owed to You. We recommend using a postal service that provides proof of delivery and has compensation insurance for lost or damaged goods as returns are NOT our responsibility until they arrive back to us.
If you are eligible for a refund, we will refund you back to the payment method you used when you originally paid for your order. Please note: It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes to your card details e.g. you no longer have that account. Refunds can take up to 30 days to process. Refunds by credit card are made to the same credit card that was used for the original purchase.
Any return that is not accompanied with the returns form or returns reference number will be held by PhonesOnline for 30 days, awaiting the return of the completed form. Items that have not been reclaimed by you within this period will be disposed of after this time and will result in the return being completed without action.
If any returned goods are found not to be faulty, we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee, at our discretion, or to return the goods to you and refuse a refund. If items are returned unused, we reserve the right to charge a re-stocking fee to cover our order processing, delivery and administration costs.
If orders are cancelled prior to or after despatch, we reserve the right to charge a re-stocking fee to cover our order processing and administration costs.
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have a right to cancel your purchase. However, to exercise this right you must notify us in writing, (email or letter) within 7 days from the day after you receive your goods.
As stated above, notification of cancellation must be in writing, a telephone call is not a valid means of cancellation.
No right of cancellation, refund or return exists under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 once you have used your product, unless the product is defective and you are returning it for this reason.
Goods that are sealed or shrink-wrapped and this is removed can only be returned if the goods are defective as diagnosed by the manufacturer or a manufacturers appointed agent or repair centre.
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- All prices listed on the website include VAT and any other local taxes that may apply unless stated otherwise.
Payment can be made by any major Credit Card or Laser debit card, PayPal, Postal Order, Bank Transfer, Bank Draft or Cheque. Payment will be debited and cleared from Your account before the despatch of Your goods or provision of the service to You.
You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is Yours.
All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of Your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us we will not be liable to You for any delay or non-delivery.
Eligibility to Purchase
To be eligible to purchase goods on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under Irish law You must:
- If an individual, be 18 years of age or over; and
- register Your real name, address, phone number, e-mail address any other details requested; and
By offering to purchase goods and services You represent to us that You are 18 years of age or over and authorise us to transmit information (including updated information) to obtain information from third parties, including but not limited to, Your debit or credit card numbers or credit reports to authenticate Your identity, to validate Your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
- Viewing Orders
- You can view your orders by logging into your account.
- Updating Account Information
- You can update your account information from your customer control panel once logged in.